• Know the reader
• Grab attention--go for the drama
• Make it interesting
• Short sentences, paragraphs
• Organize with reader in mind
• Write to express, not impress
• Tell a story
• Have fun
• If I wrote my story without notes, what would it say?
• Concise structure
• Goes for drama
• Specific details
• Paints pictures
• Varies sentence strength
• Paragraph control
• If the reader took a test, what do I want him to remember?
Every blog post should start with this sentence in your mind: "This is a blog post about_____, and it is interesting because____." If you can't write that in your head, you ar enot ready to start writing.
How does your blog writing measure up?
Read Show, Don't Tell, and comment below something you learned that will improve your writing. By 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 14.