<a href="http://info.flagcounter.com/tDBx"><img src="http://s11.flagcounter.com/count/tDBx/bg_FFFFFF/txt_000000/border_CCCCCC/columns_2/maxflags_150/viewers_3/labels_1/pageviews_0/flags_0/" alt="Flag Counter" border="0" /></a>
go to html gadget and insert his
Thursday, August 27, 2015
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Find 10 in 20
blogoklahoma.com and to
1. Find ten blogs of interest to you. Copy links to your blog.
Comment below to write a paragraph evaluation of the blog, addressing the following ideas:
- What are its strengths?
- What ideas about blogging and your blog do you get from it?
- What are its weaknesses and how could be improved?
By 5 pm Wed. Aug. 26
Thursday, August 20, 2015
- Faithful attendance. Grade will drop one level for each two absences. You may not make up missed in class writing and take a 0. If you miss more than 6 class sessions, you will flunk. NO LATE WORK. Any late work will earn a “0.”
- Be on time to class. Three times late equals an absence.
- Design and creation of a blog.
- The ability to write complete sentences, grammatically correct.
- Weekly postings on the blog, including class notes, and speaker stories.
- Note: you must post every week, starting with week three. If you miss a week, you lose points. (Hint—in the past, students with the most posts get higher grades than those with minimal or insufficient ones).
- Following an professional blog in your area, with blog report, presentation.
- 500-word essay on blogs in today’s world.
- Note: Your blog must contain original writing. If it is a photography blog, you must have words with every photo, and the blog must have more than captions.
- Follow http://blogblog.uco.blogspot.com. There will be assignments on this blog, with deadlines. Missed deadlines mean a 0 for the assignment.
Monday, August 17, 2015
Day one agenda
- Student samples
Show Coffee with Clark
- Pioneer Woman
- Need gmail account separate from university
- Syllabus quiz Thursday--http://www.uco.edu/la/masscomm/files/Syllabi%20PDF/Fall2015/Batch%2002/Clark%2014633,%20Blogging%20for%20Journalists.pdf
- Set ups
- Title area of blogging
- Picking name of blog
- Viewing other student blogs
- What we expect?
- Assignments: state of the blogosphere--
- http://royal.pingdom.com/2013/03/01/blog-readership-demographics-2013/Welcome bloggers. Check and read these links by Thursday.
com/2012/08/01/the-state-of- the-blogosphere-2012- infographic/2383
newswire/2012/buzz-in-the- blogosphere-millions-more- bloggers-and-blog-readers.html
2. What are two things you learned you didn't know about blogging, posted below by 5 pm Wed. Aug. 19.
3. What have you decided for a title for your blog?
4. Do you have a separate gmail account yet?
5. Once that is set up and you have a blog, have your blog become a follower of this blog, and Coffee with Clark.