1. Presentation to be 15 minutes long
2. 1 page outline to every member of class
3. 3-page paper, handed in day of presentation to professor
4. Post your paper on your blog, with screenshot of blog
5. One or two items from each presentation will be discussed for final text questions. Your outline is your study guide.
“We want a sense of what makes this blog effective, and to learn from the blogger’s experience.”
Presentations will start Nov. 1 --we set presentation schedule Oct. 19
- You must show the blog visually in your presentation, scroll through it and discuss.
- You must interview the blogger, by email or on the phone. I recommend you contact them soon to make sure they know what you're doing. Last minute, "they did not respond" doesn't cut it
- If you cannot make contact, you will need to choose a different blog.
- One page outline of main points handed to every member of class and professor (25 total) while discussing it:
- List the Name and url of the blog.
1. History of the blog—
a. How long blogging?
b. Who is the blogger? (Age, profession, etc.)
d. Geographic location?
e. Number of followers?
f. Does it make money?
g. Why do they blog?
2. What makes this blog unique?
3. What are its strengths?
4. What are its weaknesses?
5. What is the advice of the blogger?
6. What do you like and dislike?, and why
7. What did you gain that influences you and your blog?
- You will post your presentation outline on your blog, with a screenshot of the blog.