Blog adoption guidelines for second half of semester:
“We want a sense of what makes this blog effective, and to learn from the blogger’s experience.”
Presentations will start in October
- You must show the blog visually in your presentation.
- You must interview the blogger, by email or on the phone. I recommend you contact them now to make sure they know what you're doing. Last minute, "they did not respond" doesn't cut it
- If you cannot make contact, you will need to choose a different blog.
- One page outline of main points (example to come) handed to every member of class while discussing it:
- List the Name and url of the blog.
1. History of the blog—
a. How long blogging?
b. Who is the blogger? (Age, profession, etc.)
d. Geographic location?
e. Number of followers?
f. Does it make money?
g. Why do they blog?
2. What makes this blog unique?
3. What are its strengths?
4. What are its weaknesses?
5. What is the advice of the blogger?
6. What do you like and dislike?, and why
7. What did you gain that influences you and your blog?
- You will present a 500-word maximum paper to me with all the information the day of the presentations.
- You will post your presentation outline on your blog, with a screenshot of the blog.