• Know the reader
• Grab attention--go for the drama
• Make it interesting
• Short sentences, paragraphs
• Organize with reader in mind
• Write to express, not impress
• Tell a story
• Have fun
• If I wrote my story without notes, what would it say?
• Concise structure
• Goes for drama
• Specific details
• Paints pictures
• Varies sentence strength
• Paragraph control
• If the reader took a test, what do I want him to remember?
How does your blog writing measure up?
Read Show, Don't Tell, and comment below something you learned that will improve your writing. By 5 p.m. today.