1. Then, you will choose a topic and you will have completed the following sentence and commented below.
This is an essay about (Subject) and it is interesting because ____________________. My thesis (the main point of the paper that I'm supporting with my sources) is__________________________. Post below by end of class.
2. Also: list three probable links as sources and be ready to explain them in class by 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 14.
Potential organization (outline) :
1. Introductory paragraph, what the subject, problem, focus is. ending with your thesis statement.
(Example: "Blogging has changed the way newspapers have covered the news.")
2. Two or three paragraphs, citing sources to back up your thesis.
3. A short concluding paragraph
4. List of links for your sources
Essay will be due Oct. 6. 100 points (10 percent of grade)