By 5 p.m. Monday, search and post below the names of two blogs, and urls that you might adopt. For discussion in class Tuesday, I will ask you "Why?"
Blog adoption guidelines for second half of semester (100 points, 10% of grade):
“We want a sense of what makes this blog effective, and to learn from the blogger’s experience.”
Presentations will start Oct. 22--we set presentation schedule Oct. 6,
- You must show the blog visually in your presentation, scroll through it and discuss.
- You must interview the blogger, by email or on the phone. I recommend you contact them soon to make sure they know what you're doing. Last minute, "they did not respond" doesn't cut it
- If you cannot make contact, you will need to choose a different blog.
- One page outline of main points handed to every member of class and professor (23 total) while discussing it:
- List the Name and url of the blog.
1. History of the blog—
a. How long blogging?
b. Who is the blogger? (Age, profession, etc.)
d. Geographic location?
e. Number of followers?
f. Does it make money?
g. Why do they blog?
2. What makes this blog unique?
3. What are its strengths?
4. What are its weaknesses?
5. What is the advice of the blogger?
6. What do you like and dislike?, and why
7. What did you gain that influences you and your blog?
- You will post your presentation outline on your blog, with a screenshot of the blog.